A brief rundown of the issues I specialize in
I am very passionate about helping people get unstuck from negative ruts or cycles, so they can have a chance to really think about what they want, and plan a life that’s not only worth living, but exciting.
This might involve:
Making a plan to get out of cycles of depression, getting a hold of anxiety, so it stops holding us back, or learning how cope with out of control emotions.
With depression, anxiety, & emotion regulation difficulties, there are many behaviours that can show up:
- Difficulty making decisions
- Difficulties with goal setting
- Poor self esteem
- Angry outbursts
- Difficulty sleeping & fatigue
- School anxiety
- Truancy (skipping)
- Misunderstandings in relationships
- Addictive or impulsive behaviours (like video game or internet addiction)
- Negative or hopeless thinking
- Suicidal thoughts or plans
If you’re a student, many of these issues may apply to you. Click here to read more about how I work with students.
While I don’t claim to specialize in issues that only impact those from the LGBTQ2S community, I have extra training, personal, and professional experience, a lot of love and respect, and consider it very important that I (and all counsellors!) promote a safe space.